TODAY IN THREE'S
AM 3's Daily News
|Posted by Mrs. Loomis on April 30, 2019 at 2:45 PM|
The friends were busy as bees this morning!
For circle time, the red room:
- Enjoyed watching Mrs. Bee, a puppet, attend a "flower pollen" picnic. Did you know that bees collect their pollen in a "pollen basket"?
- Mrs. Armbruster let each child buzz their bee toward the flowers to collect "pollen" (jello mix) with their "pollen basket" (sticky tape).
- We sang "Bumblebee (Buzz, Buzz)"
For circle time in the blue room:
- Read, "Buzz" by Eileen Spinelli, and the children "buzzed" at appropriate times
- Sang, "I'm Watching a Baby Bumblebee" and the lyrics help remind us what to do when a bee comes near us... stand still, look at it, walk away, wave...
- Watched a video of a paper wasp making its nest like the real one we saw yesterday
During Discovery Area, the friends:
- Added more colored stickers and paper to our bulletin-board-bound bees
- Painted the paper mache bee hives
- Pretended "bee life" dramatic play
- Used daubers to make orginal artwork on the easel
- Built insect homes with the magnatiles
In the make shop:
- Friends made various ramp formations and sent balls in motion through the paths
The friends tasted Black Bean Chips and Guacamole for snack!
Have a pleasant evening!
Post a Comment
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
Oops, you forgot something.